We have evolved from our so called “mom’ s make up” or the two colors of foundation “light and dark”. Now you can find foundation in the standard liquid, cream and cream to powder. Although we have choices I still find that women are still in the struggle for that perfect foundation. So what is the answer?
As a Make Up Artist the key things that I find that solve this issue are the following:
(1) Good skin care: cleanse your face and eye area prior to your make application
(2) Moisturize: You must hydrate your skin/face prior to make up application. If your face is dry and you apply any make up product, you face will just “drink” the product into your skin.
(3) Face Primer: face primer is the first layer before your foundation. The purpose of a primer is to even out your skin tone, helps your make up stay on for a longer period of time.
(4) Have a quality foundation brush whether you use a liquid or powder foundation.
Once you have achieved the three above you are ready to apply your foundation.
(1) Moisturizer: Skintelligence Daily Moisture Enhancer. This is a product that I use every day just to moisturize my skin and prior to my make up application, but we use this on all our clients. This is a product that I found via Market America products.
(2) Face Primer: Nurturing Force Instant Matte Anti Shine HD face primer for make up. This is in a cream form and easy to apply with your fingertips.
(3) Brush: My all time favorites that each of the Color Box Girl use are (1) Foundation brush by MAC and (2) Motives Foundation brush. These brushes are easy to hold and the quality of the brush is excellent. These two brushes apply both liquid and powder and
(4) Foundation: We at The Color Box like the Cover Girl line which has a great array of color and covers from liquid to powder. Cover Girl also address the different hues of African American skin complexions.
(5) The Best Foundation: CUSTOM BLEND! The Color Box By Maria sells custom blend liquid and powder foundation to exactly match you skin complexion and undertones. The advantages are that it is created for you. You can also pick the amount of coverage and consistency. You can add any extras to address dry skin, anti aging, matte or pearl/dew finish. All of our custom blend products are natural and made for all skin types. If you want to know more about foundations, skin care and to get your custom blend foundation send The Color Box Glam quad a e mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Part 2